Have you ever tried plopping? Do you know how to plop hair in t shirt? If not, you’ve been missing out on some of the best hair days in your life. Plopping is the process of tying curly hair up into a T-shirt or towel so that it maintains the curls and avoids frizz. Plopping is really easy and will leave you with gorgeous bouncing curls.
What is plopping?
How To Plop Hair In T shirt?
Hair plopping is really simple to learn. All you need is a piece of a t-shirt and a bit of patience—and, of course, wavy or curly hair. Here’s how to plop hair in t shirt.
1. Get yourself a large T-shirt. You can opt for an oversized t-shirt.
2. Lay your t-shirt upside down—with the end of the sleeve closest to you—on a flat surface such as your bathroom counter, a chair, or on top of your toilet lid.
3. Beginning with clean, damp hair, apply your favorite curly hair styling items through the lengths of your hair, flip your wet hair over and onto the center of your t-shirt.
4. While your head is still upside down, grab the bottom of your shirt, and lay it over your head. Double-check to ensure that it touches the nape of your neck and totally covers your hair.
5. Grab the sleeves near your forehead and the back of the t-shirt and twist them together to tighten a big knot.
6. Wrap the twisted sleeves around your head and secure them in place to keep the shirt from slipping or falling off.
7. Once your hair is dry, unwrap your T-shirt and see your gorgeous curls.
When you flip your head back over, all of your curls will stay well nestled on top of your head like a compressed curl, allowing them to dry in their natural form without the impact of gravity, moisture, or roughness of towels.
How long should you plop your hair?
Now in term of the question of how long to wear it. There’s no exact answer to this question. Some people only plop for 5-10 minutes, while some prefer to plop for 15-20, others plop for an hour. It depends on your preference, your hair type, length, or porosity. Experimentation is key to know what works best for you.
Need some hair-plopping tutorials?
We’ve rounded for you. Check out these tutorials, below and get ready to have beautiful curls.
Have you ever made it a long day – a hair mask, a deep conditioner, and all – just to examine the hair afterward and discover that, even after all that maintenance, your curls are still a bit curly and undefined? Now, it’s time to try plopping with a t-shirt. Knowing how to plop hair in t shirt will help you have freaking awesome curls. Hopefully, the post helps you know partly how to plop hair in t shirt.
You’ll definitely have a bunch of old t-shirts in your drawers. So, there’s no reason not to use them to achieve bouncy and defined curls without any frizz. These old ratty t-shirts become practical than ever, right? You can even make safe homemade face masks from them. Do you know how to make a mask out of a t shirt? In addition to hair plopping, try to make your own face mask from a t-shirt. It’s really interesting!
If you find this post interesting, don’t hesitate to share “how to plop hair in t shirt” article with your loved ones so that all of us have excellent curls.