Are you a nature lover, love the peaceful life in the countryside, love the farm and the lovely chickens? If yes, then this post is for you, including this cute chicken t-shirt of course!
What Is The Daily Life Of A Farmer?
If you love the peaceful and simple life of a farmer, plan a visit to the authentic farm. This is sure to be a memorable and enjoyable experience. You can learn all about the history of agriculture and the daily life of an actual farmer. A typical farmer will do a variety of duties, including cleaning and tending livestock and poultry, planting and harvesting crops, plowing and other common handiwork.
Here are some common activities of farmers. If you have a chance to take a trip to the countryside, you can experience these things.
- Milk the cow
- Grow a veggie
- Feeding livestock and poultry
- Collect the eggs
- Visit the beehives
- Bake bread
- Drive a tractor
Well, going deeper into the chickens, I also have some fun stuff for you. Scroll down and keep exploring!
What Type Of Chicken Lover Are You?
I know, if you are here then you really love chicken. Your love is obvious to them, but are you curious what type of chicken lover you are?
For you, keeping poultry is a real pleasure. Watching hens escape gives you a deep sense of contentment, especially when your favorite hen comes to you for a cuddle. You silently convey your love of chickens in some quiet way like wearing a “I’m Thinking About Getting More Chickens” Shirt .
The love you have for your birds knows no bounds. From the cookie jar, to the timer, to the bedside lamp in the hallway, to your bag, it’s all shaped like a chicken. Take a look at your belongings, do things around you have images of chickens?
Loud & Proud
Without a doubt, your fondness for chicken will surprise many. When it comes to communication, you’re clearly the leader with a rooster phone case and signature rooster crowing ringtone. Your wallpaper, on your phone and in your home is embellished with pictures of your favorite chickens. Some might say you’ve gone too far, but you don’t care.
Interesting Facts About Chickens That You May Not Know
These days, raising chickens in the garden is becoming popular. If you plan to raise a flock of chickens, you’ve got to go through a lot of the material in the book. However, there’s a lot of things that books don’t teach us about raising chickens, things that no one tells you when you first get into poultry farming. The chicken facts that I share below may surprise you. Discover now to know what it is!
Each chicken has its own personality
Before raising chickens, we thought all chickens were basically the same but we were completely wrong. Chickens tend to vary from breed to breed, and within each breed, each chicken will have a distinct personality.
Some chickens are quick and agile, others are introverted and shy. There will be chickens that are talkative and will follow you throughout the day, while others will not look and hide from humans. It’s interesting, isn’t it?
Chickens can be super mean
One bad trait of chickens is that they can peck each other when living together. This creates a sad environment and can cause serious injuries.
The rooster is the dumbest of the bunch. Roosters mate with hens by jumping on their backs and grabbing hens by the neck. When that happens, their claws and beaks will hurt the hens. Also, what’s worse is that the roosters will only choose a few favorite hens, and they will have to bear the brunt of the mating forever.
Roosters can also attack people. So, if you choose to keep a rooster in your flock, pay special attention to it.
They poop almost constantly
Ok, the not-so-fun fact is that the chickens are almost constantly pooping. The amount of manure that you will deal with when raising chickens is simply astounding. The worst part is, they have no distinction as to where they will leave it all out. In the chicken coop, on your porch, your car, or your yard.
And, as a result, the more chickens you have, the longer it will take you to clean their coop.
Chickens eat the weirdest things
Chickens are curious birds, and they always test the edibility of everything in their environment. This is one of those strange traits that will make you question the intelligence of chickens. We personally have witnessed our chickens peck at a lot of completely inedible things like glass, cotton paper, styrofoam, wood, plastic, nails.
Chickens Have Language
In the same way that a dog’s growl or a cat’s purr conveys meaning, chickens also create their own languages. The sounds will be different in different situations. The sound of just “laying an egg” will be different from the sound of “getting away from my food”.
They will probably become your favorite pets
If you are a chicken lover, why not choose it as your pet? Their interesting personalities will make you fall in love with them quickly.
Chickens aren’t just a healthy food source, they’ll quickly become your most adorable and fun pets. These fun little creatures can be funny, sweet, cuddly, and full of personality. Most chicken owners are surprised at how quickly they get used to their flock.
Be prepared for these animals to quickly transition from breeding to pets!
Some Common Chicken Breeds
A little extra knowledge for chicken lovers, or those who are new to chicken farming. Below I’ve compiled some common chicken breeds that may be useful to you.
- ISA Brown: This breed is one of the most popular chicken breeds today because of its gentle nature, resilience, and especially extraordinary egg-laying talent. A perfect choice for your farm!
- Plymouth Rock: They are comfortable, vibrant, responsive and make any barn a happier and more welcoming place. Introduced in the late 1900s, the breed quickly became popular throughout the US due to its egg-cellent egg-laying and agility.
- Australorp: The australorps are some of the favorites in many Australian backyards due to their beautiful black, white or blue plumage, excellent egg-laying talents, and typically Australian cheerful attitude.
- Barnevelder: Although not as talented at laying eggs as the ISA Brown or Australorps, the Barnevelder is still an outstanding breed due to its unique coat, quirky personality and of course the beautiful and peculiar eggs they lay.
- Naked Neck: Originating from Transylvania, the naked-necked breed is famous for its featherless neck, which makes it look like a turkey. Yes, these girls may look weird, but that’s how nature gave them to them.
- Silkie: This breed is famous for its fluffy and puffy plumage. Silkies may be short in stature, weighing only about 1.5 to 2 kg, but they always leave a special impression by their strange appearance.
- New Hampshire Red: The New Hampshire will be a reliable and hardy hen and will not let you down when it comes to laying delicious eggs. These girls have always been gentle and warm mothers, quietly beautiful.
- Polish: The Cochin is one of the large-sized chicken breeds. It is descended from feather-legged chickens brought from China to Europe and North America in the 1840s and 1850s. The Cochin’s most impressive feature is the excessive plumage that covers its legs and feet. The skin underneath the feathers is yellow.
- Belgian d’Uccle: This breed has a low posture, full beard, and a muff; legs are heavily feathered. Belgian d’Uccle is one of the sweetest, cutest and cutest pets that chicken lovers can’t miss. These dazzling ladies come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes for you to choose from.
Funny Chicken Tshirt – Cute gift for chicken lovers
Above are some interesting information about chickens. We hope that they will be useful before you enter the exciting world of raising chickens.
By the way, I have a little challenge for you guys, chicken lovers. Can you guess the chicken breeds printed on this t-shirt? Give this shirt to your friends and family, and don’t forget to ask them the same question and see who is the wisest.
Aslo, if you are a funny farmer and love chickens, then this shirt is definitely a must-have in your wardrobe. Check out our quote printed on the t-shirt “I Might Look Like I’m Listening To You But In My Head, I’m Thinking About Getting More Chickens” and you’ll see how funny and unique it is. You will surely attract every look when you wear it!
What are you waiting for? Buy now before they’re out of stock!
⇒ YOU ALSO LOVE: Chicken God Is Great Coffee Is Good People Are Crazy Shirt