The perfect Father’s Day gifts for your grandpa, dad, or godfather are ready but what about a sentimental card to touch his heart? What will you write in the card? If you’re stuck with ideas, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this post, we’ve curated and compiled the best Father’s Day quotes so you can wish your Dad all the best and celabrate him on this special day.
Father’s Day Gifts Your Dad Will Love
Best Father’s Day Quotes 2021
Whether you like a funny quote that can make him laugh, or maybe you want to get a little bit of affection. Regardless, we’ve rounded up over 30 of the best Father’s Day quotes to give you some inspiration to honor your dad, this Father Day 2021.
Short and Sweet Father’s Day Quotes
First, let’s start with these short and sweet Father’s Day quotes. Keep your message simple and to the point while still showing your dad how much he means to you.
1. A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. – Unknown
2. When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. – Linda Poindexter
3. No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.”– Hedy Lamarr
4. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.- Jim Valvano
5. My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived, and let me watch him do it.- Clarence Budington Kelland
6. Everyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a dad. – Wade Boggs
7. Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, singers of songs. – Pam Brown
8. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. – Dawn French
9. [My father] always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch. – Chelsea Clinton
10. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right. – Wade Boggs
Funny Father’s Day Quotes
If your dad isn’t a “big sentimental” guy, or a “joke dad” kinda guy, he’s sure to appreciate these hilarious Father’s Day quotes.
11. When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape. – Dave Attell
12. Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business. – Jimmy Fallon
13. The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents, the second half by our children. – Clarence Darrow
14. Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch. – Jon Stewart
15. The worst part about being a parent is when one of your kids farts and you have to pretend it wasn’t cool. – Rob Delaney
16. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. – Charles Wadsworth
17. The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. – Tim Russert
Father’s Day Quotes are About Fatherhood
These next Father’s Day quotes are about fatherhood and what it means to be a father.
18. When you need real understanding, When you need someone to care, When you need someone to guide you… A father’s always there. – Thomas J. Langley
19. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom. – Umberto Eco
20. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. – Unknown
21. It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life. – Dawn French
22. FATHER: a son’s first hero… and a daughter’s first love.- Unknown
23. Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! – Lydia M. Child
Meaningful Father’s Day Quotes – Love Quotes for Dad
It’s not always easy to tell your dad how much you love him, but it’s always worth the effort. Borrow these meaningful father’s day quotes to tell him.
24. Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes. – Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
25. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way. – Unknown
26. The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature. – Antoine François Prévost, Manon Lescaut
27. There’s no shame in fear, my father told me, what matters is how we face it. – George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings
28. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom. – Umberto Eco, Foucault’s Pendulum
29. He adopted a role called being a father so that his child would have something mythical and infinitely important: a protector. – Tom Wolfe
30. Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end. – George Strait
Choosing a date to celebrate dad wasn’t not a simple journey, as the history of Father’s Day shows. But June 20, 2021, is the day dedicated to showing your dad how much you appreciate him with a thoughtful gift or a sweet Father’s Day card. Hopefully with the best father’s day quotes above, you and your father will have a memorable day. Need more gift ideas for dad? Browse through our gifts for dad collection and pick the right one for your Dad.