Among all the cakes, Oreo mug cakes are special and bring us real joy to have them. Out of all the ingredients, Oreo makes this mug cake special. This dessert tastes really good. Most importantly you just need to prepare within 2 minutes. Always a great choice for those who don’t want to spend time in the kitchen but love desserts very much. All the ingredients for this oreo mug cake are very basic and easy to find. Below I will share how to make oreo mug cake.
2-Ingredient Mug Cake
Oreo cookie just got better! Not only can you eat it as it is, but you can also be combined with milk to make a super easy and delicious cake in just 90 seconds and the perfect last-minute snack or dessert.
If you’ve never had a mug cake, this is the perfect one to start with. It’s simply a cake mixed and baked in a coffee all in the microwave. Usually, it only takes 1-2 minutes to cook and usually uses minimal ingredients. For this recipe, we used only Oreo cookies and milk for a quick, easy, and low-ingredient treat.
What kind of mug should I use?
This recipe is designed to fit your average 10-12 ounce coffee mug, You can double the ingredients and put it in a larger mug for a larger serving, or keep it in your regular coffee mug.
When choosing a mug, you just need to make sure that the mug you pick is microwave safe. It’s not designed for a travel mug that may have a stainless steel exterior. I like the regular coffee mugs and there’s a lot to choose from. You can also choose a special microwave soup container made just for this if you want.
Here’re some cute mugs you can use to make mug cake or as a gift for your loved ones.
Can I Add Cake Mixins to My Oreo Cake?
Yes! While you don’t want to add much, you can easily add a few extras to your cake cup. I like to add these for texture or a little extra flavor. What you add is up to your taste but here are a few great ideas that go well with this particular cake flavor.
- Sprinkle or colored sugar.
- Mini Chocolate Chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or mint chocolate chips.
- Candy or cookie crumbs have different flavors.
- Chopped walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, peanuts, or hazelnuts.
- Shredded coconut.
What Should I Top My OREO Cake With?
What do you usually put on top of a cake? That’s what you want to add to this cake. If you’re making a cake-flavored Oreo birthday cake, top it with some sprinkles to fit the theme. Here’re some other ideas you can easy to swap for what you like:
- Vanilla, chocolate or cream cheese.
- Simple powdered sugar glaze.
- Whipped cream or whipped topping.
- chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, buttermilk syrup, or fruit syrup.
- Sliced fresh strawberries or a few raspberries.
How to make oreo mug cake
- OREO cookies
Handy Kitchen Tools
- Food processor or blender
- Coffee Mug
How to make oreo mug cake
First, cut the Oreo cookies until they are in the form of smooth pieces. You can use a food processor to get the cookies into fine crumbs. Don’t worry if you don’t have one. Just put the cake in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or wooden spoon to crush it.
Second, put the Oreo crumbs in a microwave-safe mug. You need to make sure it is microwave safe.
Finally, slowly pour milk into the mug. Stir until milk and oreo biscuits combine well.
Put in the microwave for 90 seconds. That’s all you do. I don’t think you’ll find an easier dessert recipe.
Mug cake tips and tricks
- Always microwave your mug cake on a plate. Even though I have my mug cakes down to an art and I know exactly how high they will rise, I always microwave on a plate because if there’s some sort of freak accident where my mug cake overflows, I don’t want to be cleaning cake out of the microwave.
- Start microwave cooking for 1 minute, then add 10 seconds as you continue. Some microwave ovens are more powerful than others and it really depends on how soft and chewy your cake is. For my microwave, 1 minute 10 seconds is perfect.
- Use a microwave-safe mug! I probably don’t need to say this, but yes, please use microwave-safe cups, not plastic.
- For the oreo and milk, only mug cake makes sure you crush up the Oreos as fine as possible, so that it’s almost like flour.
How Many Calories Are In An OREO Mug Cake?
This cake as directed has only 237 calories for the whole cake. If you want to top it off with ice, whipped cream, or sprinkles, you’ll need to add those to your calorie count. As a simple dessert for one serving, it is quite low in calories and still absolutely delicious. Not to mention super easy to make!
Now you’ve got how to make oreo mug cake. Instead of boring oreo cookies, now upgrade your menu with this delicious oreo mug cake. Share it with your loved ones and surprise them.