Christmas lights are the key to creating a gorgeous and delightful Christmas scene. But you may how much Christmas lights for tree. Transform your home into a true wonderland with a series of Christmas lights. But there are a wide variety of twinkle Christmas lights with diverse sizes and shapes on the market that may make you wonder which is suitable for your tree. Don’t worry, check out the guide below to determine what kind of lights will best suit your tree decorations.
How To Selecting Your Christmas Tree Lights
The most important thing to choose the most suitable lights for your tree is that you should have a deeper understanding of Christmas tree lights. Let’s delve into different kinds of lights with us before answering how much Christmas lights for tree.
Types of Lights
- String Lights: made up of many small bulbs attached to sockets spaced along long plastic-coated wires
- Net Lights: are fixed together into forms so that you can easily lay them on the surfaces with no effort
- Rope Lights: are considered as one of the new types of Christmas lights. What better than creating labyrinthine shapes and designs in the walkway or doorway with the help of rope lights?
- Icicle Lights: similar to string lights, typically hung from the eaves of houses
- Lighted Window Decor: Illuminate your home’s windows by using electric candles.
- Pathway Lighting: These lights blend well into the landscape. It’s ideal to decorate for gardens, pathways, patios, and decks.
- Lighted Trees and Branches: Light up your home’s windows by using electric candles.
- Light Projectors: Bring the magic scene for the entire exterior of your home
Types of Christmas Light Bulbs
- LED: It’s extremely energy efficient that you can save up to 75% of your energy consumption. It is also durable and safe to use.
- Incandescent: is one of the classic Christmas lightings. It is much cheaper than the LEDs but it has a shorter life.
Types of Christmas Light Power Sources
- Electric: get power from your home to produce light.
- Battery-Powered: If you don’t want to run up your electric bill during Christmas, battery-powered Christmas lights are a great option. They are so convenient as they require less wiring.
- Solar-Powered: are eco- friendly and use sensors to automatically turn on when the sun sets off.
How Much Christmas Lights For Tree
There are no rules about the number of lights decorated for a Christmas tree. It depends on each personal preference. Some people like more Christmas tree lights but others do not. But it is said that it’s best to decorate 100 lights for every 1.5 feet of a tree. So, is it clear for you about how much Christmas lights for tree?
How to Hang Christmas Tree Lights
Christmas lights are an indispensable part of creating a festive atmosphere for Christmas. However, if it’s the first time for you to hang Christmas lights, it can be a daunting task.
Grasp some handful tips to hang Christmas lights with free- hassle:
Step 1: Locate an electrical receptacle
Step 2: Test the lights
It’s the first step you should do to make sure that all the lights are working.
Step 3: Start at the bottom, stringing your Christmas lights by zigzagging them across the tree
Step 4: Place some of the lights deeper into the branches and place some closer to the front to create depth.
Step 5: Hide the connectors of the light by pushing deep into the branches near the tree trunk. Once you reach the top, you can plug in the lights on the back of the tree or run the wire down the back of the socket.
Christmas room decorations are not complete without some sparkling Christmas lights. Dazzling Christmas lights will brighten your home and make you get into the holiday mood. We hope that you’ll have partly understood about different types of Christmas lights to choose the best suit for your tree and have the answer for how much Christmas lights for the tree.