Independence Day in the US is 4th of July, it’s 15th of August in India. So when is your country’s Independence Day? If you are interested in this topic then this article is for you. Today, I want to tell you how to say Happy Independence Day in different languages and here’s a list of 40+ languages from around the world so you can wish your friends a “Happy Independence Day” in more than just native language. Grab some of our insights below today. Let’s get started!
How To Say Happy Independence Day In Different Languages
This year let’s make Independence Day a little bit special by wishing your family and friends in different languages.
- American English: Happy Independence Day
- Afrikaans: Gelukkige Onafhanklikheidsdag
- Arabic: يوم استقلال سعيد
- British English: Happy Independence Day
- Croatian: Sretan dan nezavisnosti
- Czech: Šťastný den nezávislosti
- Danish: Glædelig uafhængighedsdag
- French: Joyeux Jour de l’Indépendance
- German: Fröhlichen Unabhängigkeitstag
- Dutch: Gelukkige Onafhankelijkheidsdag
- Finnish: Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää
- Bulgarian: Честит ден на независимостта
- Chinese (Mandarin): 獨立日快樂
- Greek: Χαρούμενη μέρα ανεξαρτησίας
- Hungarian: Boldog függetlenség Napját
- Italian: Felice giorno dell’indipendenza
- Irish: Lá na Saoirse Shona
- Japanese: 幸せな独立記念日
- Korean: 행복한 독립 기념일
- Thai: วันประกาศอิสรภาพอันแสนสุข
- Vietnamese: Chúc mừng ngày độc lập
- Welsh: Diwrnod Annibyniaeth Hapus
- Spanish: Feliz día de la independencia
- Indonesian: Selamat Hari Kemerdekaan
- Polish: Wesołego dnia niepodległości
- Hindi: स्वतंत्रता दिवस की शुभकामनाएं
- Portuguese: Feliz Dia da Independência
- Nepali: शुभ स्वतन्त्रता दिवस
- Turkmen: Garaşsyzlyk güni gutly bolsun
- Arabic: يوم استقلال سعيد
- Latin: Dies Libertatis in Civitatibus felicibus
- Ukrainian: Щасливого Дня Незалежності
- Romanian: O “Zi a Independentei” fericita
- Norwegian: God frigjøringsdag
- Russian: С Днем независимости
- Afrikaans: Gelukkige Onafhanklikheidsdag
- Myanmar (Burmese): မင်္ဂလာလွတ်လပ်ရေးနေ့နေ့
- Urdu: یوم آزادی مبارک
- Latvian: Priecīgu neatkarības dienu
- Luxembourgish: Happy Onofhängegkeetsdag
Happy Independence Day in different Indian languages
India is a country that is considered to be a fusion of diverse cultures, linguistics, and traditions that have been developing over thousands of years and vary from region to region. Here are Happy Independence Day in different Indian languages.
- Hindi- स्वतंत्रता दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं ।
- Bengali-শুভ স্বাধীনতা দিবস
- English- Happy Independence Day
- Marathi- स्वातंत्र्यदिनाच्या शुभेच्छा
- Malayalam- സ്വാതന്ത്ര്യദിനാശംസകൾ
- Tamil- இனிய சுதந்திர தின நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்
- Telugu- హ్యాపీ ఇండిపెండెన్స్ డే
- Kannada- ಸ್ವಾತಂತ್ರ್ಯ ದಿನಾಚರಣೆ Gujarati-સ્વતંત્રતા દિવસની શુભેચ્છાઓ
- Urdu-یوم آزادی مبارک
- Sanskrit- स्वतन्त्रता दिवसस्य शुभकामना
- Punjabi- ਸੁਤੰਤਰਤਾ ਦਿਵਸ ਦੀਆਂ ਮੁਬਾਰਕਾਂ
- Oriya- ସ୍ୱାଧିନତା ଦିବସର ହାର୍ଦ୍ଧିକ ଅଭିନନ୍ଦନ
American Independence Day: Do you know?
According to historical documents, July 2 is the actual Independence Day of the United States, but it is celebrated on the 4th. Do you know why?
Two days before Fourth of July, the Second Continental Congress voted to adopt the independence resolution. This was proposed in June by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia.
This resolution declared the US independent from the UK rule. But to decide legally, they needed the Declaration of Independence, a document prepared by Thomas Jefferson and the Committee of Five. Congress debated it for 2 days and approved July 4th as Independence Day of the United States.
Want to know more information about American Independence Day, read our article: the meaning of 4th of July.
Independence Day T-shirts That Everyone Loves
The 4th of July is one of the most celebrated national holidays in the US. Get into the holiday spirit by wearing the most unique outfits from our Independence Day tee collection. Some suggestions below:
Patriotic Ronald Ragin 4th Of July Shirt$15.99
Red White And Brew Shirt 4th Of July Tee$15.99
Red White Blue And Vodka Too Shirt 4th Of July Tee$15.99
Funny Teddy Boozedevelt 4th Of July Shirt$15.99
Thomas Drunkerson American Flag 4th Of July Shirt$15.99
Wild And Free Buffalo US Flag 4th Of July Shirt$15.99
Some Fun Things to Do On Independence Day
Now that you know how to say Happy Independence day in different languages. In this part, I want to recommend some Independence Day activites that will make you feel extra patriotic.
Of course, this year’s holiday may be a little different, due to the coronavirus pandemic – but that certainly doesn’t mean you can’t still have a wonderful vacation this summer. In fact, with lots of fun family activities and home party ideas, yoy can make Indepenence Day this year a special holiday.
Have a movie night in the backyard
Elevate your standard movie night by setting up a screening – and some cozy seating – right on your lawn in your backyard, then choose the perfect Independence Day movie for the holiday. Don’t forget the drinks and popcorn!
Go camping in your backyard
Not a 4th of July celebration without a bonfire and some fun activities! If you can’t make it to a real camping site this year, try some backyard camping. Just pitch a tent (with a good meal, of course) and end the night with some scary stories around the fire.
Grill Hot Dogs and Burgers
Referring to Independence Day, it is impossible not to mention BBQ parties. Grab the burgers, hot dogs, and ingredients for any other baking recipes you’d like to try. Throw a big babercue party to celebrate this national holiday.
Have a game night
Looking for something fun for the whole family? Host a game night with some of the best board games. And if you want to make it holiday themed, try some special patriotic games (like Bingo Game Cards or some themed quiz game).
Watch the Fireworks
Of course, no 4th of July is complete without a fireworks display at the end of the night. Whether you light them up yourself, watch a town’s display or turn on the TV to watch them explode across the country, watching the independence day fireworks is a must. Ladd’s Fireworks Show is an annual event not to be missed!
Spend the day with the water activities
If there’s a lake nearby, bring food, picnic baskets, towels, and inflatable buoys for a fun, relaxing day. You can also host the game right here. A water balloon fight is an amazing choice for a scorching summer day. Let’s turn it into a battle between kids vs. adults for more fun!
If you and your family love the outdoors, Kayaking is a great solution for this year’s Independence Day holiday. Take in the view as you paddle down the river and start enjoying some delicious picnic food afterward.
So now you know how to say Happy Independence Day in different languages as well as some fun activities to do on this day. This is the time to surprise your friends and family with your language skills. No matter where you are, in what country, let’s make Independence Day more meaningful and interesting.